General Purpose Wire Rope
- This is the most widely used wire rope and is appropriate for any number of applications, especially with lighter duty cycles.
- General purpose wire rope is constructed of an independent wire rope core with 6-strands of wires helically laid around the core.
High Performance Specialty Rope
- This is typically used in heavier-duty cycle applications and has a longer service life.
- These ropes have various constructions ranging from 6 strands up to 34 strands in a rope.
- These ropes are typically swaged or compacted and may have rotation-resistant properties.
- This is made with 7 strands in both galvanized and stainless steel.
- It is frequently used in light-duty applications.
- Sizes range from 1/32” to 3/8”